Dad

I'm re-living the 70's at the moment. A year ago today, dad passed away, quite suddenly. Dad was a lover of photography and gave me my first SLR Camera, a second hand Olympus OM10. He was a man of high standards and slides were his thing. Every now and again (if we were lucky) we would get a slide show of a holiday on a Saturday night even if that holiday had been quite some time ago. (and it usually was.) I've never seen half of these pictures and a few years ago he bought a gadget that converts the slides to digital. Well, he never got round to it so Mum and I got it working a few weeks ago. Now I'm feeling full of nostalgia looking through many, many boxes of what is basically my childhood. We've been sniggering away at the fashions & dreadful haircuts, the cars and the decoration in our old house. Anything of interest, dad would capture, from a car buried in the snow, to the flood we had in the kitchen. It's the family every-day shots that I love, and those early caravan holidays in Arisaig. I can almost smell the lino. Dad had a real eye for a good shot, whether it be posed with the timer on or completely off the cuff! He taught me a lot about photography and so I'd like to think some of his creativity has rubbed off on me :-) So here's a little tribute to dad and his camera. RIP.








Comments

Popular Posts